Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm Still Alive and I Still Illustrate

Just thought I should make this post so anyone who stumbles across this blog may know that, despite the time lapse, I have not, in fact, fallen off the face of the planet. I am still an illustrator but I've been employing my substantial skills (please note my humble sarcasm) in making on- demand drawings of princesses, kitties, doggies and dinosaurs. My current clients are one precocious almost 18 month old and one strong willed 3.5 year old, both of the female variety. I am itching to pick up my paint brush once again, so feel free to give me a monetary excuse to prise a portion of time away from my little princesses. That is all.

1 comment:

Martin Pulido said...

Aria, glad to hear that you are still illustrating. Those ones of elephants posted below are awesome! I wanted to let you know about a new LDS juried exhibition that might be of interest to you.

The "A Mother Here Art and Poetry Contest" is looking for 2-dimensional visual arts pieces that portray the divine feminine and Heavenly Mother. The contest is offering $1100 prizes to the best visual arts entries, which will be chosen by judges Herman Du Toit (former head of museum research at BYU's Museum of Art and former head of the Durban art school). There are six awards: first place ($500), second place ($300), third place ($150), and 3 honorable mentions ($50 each). The contest will accept entries up until March 4, 2014, and award-winning submissions will be announced on May 11, 2014.

For more information, please visit the contest's website at www.amotherhere.com, which also contains an online collection of historical artwork and poetry portraying Heavenly Mother. I hope you will consider submitting artwork to this contest. Let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me at martinpulido@amotherhere.com. Thanks,

Martin Pulido